SONAR GLASSES complement the white cane or guide dog by:
- providing information about the location of nearby objects above waist level
- alerting you to potential hazards
- helping to guide your path through streets, parking lots, shopping malls, subways, yards, and tight spaces in your home
SONAR GLASSES are BUILT TO ORDER. We can customize:
- Lens size and color
- Frame size
- Shape of the temples (to fit customers with hearing aids)
SONAR GLASSES technology is based on echolocation, similar to the way bats navigate in the dark. The glasses emit sound waves and measure the time to receive sound reflected by objects in your path of travel. When an object is detected, you are alerted by a subtle vibration in the temple of the glasses.
SONAR GLASSES can be fitted with prescription corrective lenses to provide a comprehensive mobility solution, supporting our customers’ specific vision requirements.
Photosensitive lenses are clear indoors and become progressively darker when exposed to sunlight. This feature enables the use of SONAR GLASSES both during the day and night without impeding visibility.
Tinted lenses can help reduce glare, improve contrast, enhance depth perception, and reduce eye fatigue in different environments.
- GRAY – Provides good protection from glare and does not overly distort colors.
- GRAY-GREEN – Provides higher contrast and greater visual acuity. Enhances contrast in low-light conditions.
- AMBER – Provides excellent contrast because they filter some blue light, but not as much as the yellow tint.
- YELLOW – Often known as blue blockers, they provide excellent depth perception and low light contrast.
- BLUE – Reduce glare, help define contours, and enhance color perception.
- PLUM – Allows for natural color perception while offering shade from the sun.