- State Services for the Blind (SSB) of Minnesota
- Assistive Technology and the 1:1 Student, by Andrew Marcinek (2012)Marcinek, in a story about Burlington High’s 1:1 program, describes one student’s easy use of the iPad as assistive technology.
- Berberi’s Tools, by Alise Brann, Tracy Gray, Heidi Silver-Pacuilla (2008)Brann, Gray, and Silver-Pacuilla discuss several of the technologies that Albano Berberi — a blind Advanced Placement computer science student, devoted gamer, and violin prodigy — uses throughout his day.
- Out of Sight: Technology Helps Visually Impaired Students Thrive, by Sara Ring (2008)Ring discusses the tools that make learning accessible for visually impaired students at one Brooklyn high school.
- Technology-Rich Literacy Experience for Students With Reading Disabilities, by Ted Hasselbring (2014)Hasselbring, a research professor of special education at Vanderbilt University, introduces Udio, an online environment designed to engage and support middle school students who face literacy challenges.
- Technology Improves Post-Secondary Outcomes for Students With Autism, by Dana Reinecke (2013)Author Reinecke discusses how technology can improve post-secondary outcomes for students with autism, increasing their access to jobs and education.
- Leaping Over Walls: With Technology Integration, the Sky’s the Limit, by Mason Barney (1998)Barney, a college student, discusses how he has used various technology tools to help him overcome barriers caused by a learning disability.
- Assistive Technology Makes a Difference for Lukas Bratcher (2005)Thanks to some ingenious assistive technology, this high school student didn’t let a birth condition stifle his passion for music. He played euphonium in his school’s award-winning marching band from his wheelchair.
- Disabled Bodies, Able Minds, by Diane Curtis (2005)Assistive technology, including speech-generation devices and joystick technology, makes it possible for students with physical and mobility challenges to participate more fully in class and school activities.
- AT specialist Brian Wojcik curates resources shared on #atchat in #ATchat Weekly.
- Accessibility in Education from Microsoft
- Accessible Teaching Materials from Disability.gov
- Assistive Technology Resource Guide (PDF) from OCALI
- Assistive Technology from National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Hearing Assistive Technology from American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Special Education from Apple
- Simon Technology Center from the PACER Center
- Technology from the Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity
- Technology Resource List from National Federation of the Blind (NFB)
- Web Accessibility Tips from the Association of Assistive Technology Act Programs