Duxbury’s famous braille editor is the most sold braille editor available in nearly all world languages for more then 25 years.
Duxbury Braille Translator for Window
DBT is simple to use–beginners learn in just minutes. Yet its depth, power and accuracy are such that it is used by most of the major braille production centers throughout the world. The current version provides the following at features:
- Built-in interline printing (see sample above) to have ink-braille and print together. This makes an easy proofing and teaching tool. Great for the braille-impaired too!
- Math/Science Code and Computer Braille translation for American, British, and French Braille.
- Intermediate levels (between grade 1 and 2) for American and British braille
- The ability to include tactile graphics files for mixed text-and-graphic documents
- Imports from popular word processors including Microsoft Word and WordPerfect, HTML, ICADD, DAISY/NISO/NIMAS, formatted and plain ASCII, earlier braille editors such as EDGAR and Polkadot, Duxbury’s own historical file formats, and more.
- The current translation table menu includes dozens of major languages plus variations, including grade 2 support for most jurisdictions where grade 2 is customarily used. Moreover, DBT allows languages other than the principal language to be embedded in the same file and treated as appropriate for the context. (Contact us if you have questions about a specific language.) Now braille for foreign-language texts and language teaching texts is a snap.
- Bidirectional (print-to-braille and braille-to-print) translation
- American textbook layout according to Braille Authority of North America (BANA) standards, and likewise the Braille Authority of the United Kingdom (BAUK) customs for the same purpose
- Accurate presentation of both print or braille in either WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) or coded (how-you-get-what-you-want) views in the word-processing screen, with easy switching between views
- A “translated line” showing the “other” form in either print or braille files Six-key chording for braille and print entry, not timing-based, compatible with most keyboards
- Help screens throughout the program
- Documentation in print, braille & electronic formats
- Over 100 formatting & translation codes for a high level of flexibility
- A library of user-configurable styles
- A user-extendable template library for even more flexibility
- A spell-checker with 300,000-word dictionary
- A “Quick Find Misspelling” feature for increased speed and ease of use
- Embossing to all major braille printers; the first page may be a “banner” for job identification by personnel who don’t read braille
- The Duxbury Braille Font for viewing braille dots within other programs
- Choice of single-user, site & other licenses
- The ability to process files as large as the operating system allows
- The ability to have multiple files open simultaneously
- Unlimited technical support by telephone, email, fax, etc.
- An Internet user forum to communicate with other Duxbury users